Best Steak Lettuce Wrap by Charlotte
Thanks to friends Phil and Sonya I have discovered the best steak lettuce wrap. This is food that is very pleasing to the eye and mouth. It can be made in three shakes of a lambs tail and will be sure to give you that red meat fix.
The ten steps to steak wrapping:
1) Go to your butcher and get a tasty piece of rump steak (to cook whole)
2) Marinade the meat in lemon juice, chilli (fresh or dried) and fresh ginger
3) Grate carrot for salad
4) Make a dressing - I used lemon juice, sesame oil, fish sauce, fresh red chilli, ginger, salt and pepper
5) Mix the dressing with the carrot
6) Use a good sturdy leaf like Romaine as your wrap
7) Griddle or bbq your meat - a few minutes on each side will leave it pretty and pink
8) Slice the steak and put it in the lettuce with the dressed carrot
9) Get kitchen roll ready as the wrap may leak!